Saturday, December 18, 2010

project 365 – G12

in 2011 i plan to embark on an ambitious project i’ve codenamed “project 365 – G12”!

as i’m sure some of you have figured out already, it involves the Canon G12 Compact Camera and 365 days in the year. in addition to any other photographic missions i might be embarking on, i plan on having my G12 with me pretty much all day, every day in 2011. each day i will post my favourite picture taken on that day with that camera!

i’m not the first to attempt a project like this and i’m sure i won’t be the last. i’m hoping it will really push me to improve my compositional skills and to tune my brain to always be looking around me for that next great shot. i’m also hoping it will help my photography get back to basics. i have a couple of DSLR’s and a selection of lenses and at times i find myself over analysing the technical aspects, with the G12 i’ll have fewer options to worry about.

for january, i will just 'freestyle'. i think it’s going to take some time to get into the habit of performing these tasks every day. then, once I’ve settled into a routine, each month i’d like to come up with a different theme. i’m open to suggestions here; some ideas i’ve had so far are, black and white, square framed shots, people, buildings, motion etc. i’d also like to dedicate a month to Henri Cartier-Bresson: photojournalist style shots, no cropping, no editing, and monochrome.

if you have any ideas, please let me know! wish me luck, i’ll need it!


No comments:

Post a Comment